Member of the month is an honor that is earned by members who have gone beyond "just working out" to contribute positively to our community as a whole. Each month, we select a member to recognize based on (but not limited too) their ability to exemplify the following:
- A commitment to greatness
- Emphasis on movement standards
- Supportive of classmates (we are a TEAM!)
- Introduces themselves to new faces
- A positive contribution to the classroom atmosphere- positive energy and enthusiasm
- Active participation and engagement throughout each aspect of class
- Dedicated to improvement and progress
- Shows pride for our community and shares it with others
- Wears and represents our box well
- Open to giving us feedback to improve overall experience
Favorite thing about Verge: The motivation from coaches and fellow athletes far surpasses my expectations. Not a day goes by that I am not praised for working hard or receiving a "good job" fist bump in a workout. If there is a movement that needs some attention and a fellow athlete takes note, I am offered incredible help. Constant hard work will yield positive results, and I am lucky to have the support of everyone at the box.
Greatest accomplishment: Based on some awesome coaching, I have taken to working on my strict pull-ups every night before or after class. Recently, I was able to perform my first unassisted strict pull-up...ever. I am up to 15 pull-ups in several sets, and I want to keep gaining momentum with them.
Favorite movement/lift: That is a toss-up between a KBS and the Deadlift.
One goal you are currently working on: With troubled mobility, anything overhead is a bit challenging. My biggest goal (other than the pull-up work) is to improve my overhead squat mobility.
One thing people might not know about me: My freshman year of college, I was able to lose nearly 100 pounds to get down to a healthy weight to maintain a healthier lifestyle. Oh, and I was born just outside of Boston - Go Pats!