OUR MEMBER OF THE MONTH IS...
Member of the month is an honor that is earned by members who have gone beyond "just working out" to contribute positively to our community as a whole. Each month, we select a member to recognize based on (but not limited too) their ability to exemplify the following:
- A commitment to greatness
- Emphasis on movement standards
- Supportive of classmates (we are a TEAM!)
- Introduces themselves to new faces
- A positive contribution to the classroom atmosphere- positive energy and enthusiasm
- Active participation and engagement throughout each aspect of class
- Dedicated to improvement and progress
- Shows pride for our community and shares it with others
- Wears and represents our box well
- Open to giving us feedback to improve overall experience
Time with us at Verge: 2 years
Favorite thing about Verge: I love the support every coach gives. At other gyms I always felt alone, at verge no matter the question, the coaches never make me feel silly.
Greatest accomplishment: Becoming a US. citizen
Favorite movement/lift: power cleans, but that may be because Colette makes me do them all the time. I found its easier to love them.
One goal you are currently working on: weight loss, getting the most out of my workout.
One thing people might not know about me: I was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
What Coach Rob had to say: "Paola was so quiet when I first began coaching more frequently at Conshohocken. One day she answered the QOD (would you rather hunt on land or fish the seas for your only source of food?) and replied; "I would die because I can't even grocery shop." I fell to the floor laughing and still do today when i re-tell the story. Since then Paola and I have been closer, and watching her make huge changes, very quietly and humbly, has been an inspiration to me. I often have the luxury of seeing things other athletes do not get to. Paola is someone that reminds me that hard work pays off and reinvigorates my passion for what I do.
In appreciation of Paola's hard work... look out for her workout.