Our Member of the Month is...
Member of the month is an honor that is earned by members who have gone beyond "just working out" to contribute positively to our community as a whole. Each month, we select a member to recognize based on (but not limited too) their ability to exemplify the following:
- A commitment to greatness
- Emphasis on movement standards
- Supportive of classmates (we are a TEAM!)
- Introduces themselves to new faces
- A positive contribution to the classroom atmosphere- positive energy and enthusiasm
- Active participation and engagement throughout each aspect of class
- Dedicated to improvement and progress
- Shows pride for our community and shares it with others
- Wears and represents our box well
- Open to giving us feedback to improve overall experience
Time with us at Verge:
I have been with Verge for 4 months.
Favorite thing about Verge:
My favorite thing about Verge are the coaches and fellow athletes. The coaches are very supportive and knowledgeable and there is a great spirit of community with the other athletes.
I finally did a double under - totally surprised myself.
I really like the box jump as I can feel the lightness in my body. Also I have found that if I am doing them after another move I just suck it up and do it. No thinking allowed.
One goal you are currently working on:
I want to do a 20" box jump by the time I hit a BIG milestone birthday in August.
One thing people might not know
I'm a yoga teacher with certifications in Hatha and Kundalini yoga.