Our Members of the Month is...
Michael & Michelle Santoro!
Member of the month is an honor that is earned by members who have gone beyond "just working out" to contribute positively to our community as a whole. Each month, we select a member to recognize based on (but not limited too) their ability to exemplify the following:
- A commitment to greatness
- Emphasis on movement standards
- Supportive of classmates (we are a TEAM!)
- Introduces themselves to new faces
- A positive contribution to the classroom atmosphere- positive energy and enthusiasm
- Active participation and engagement throughout each aspect of class
- Dedicated to improvement and progress
- Shows pride for our community and shares it with others
- Wears and represents our box well
- Open to giving us feedback to improve overall experience
Time with us at Verge: 1 month
Favorite thing about Verge:
Michael - Super friendly and knowledgeable coaches
Michelle - The people!
Michael - RXing the open the last two years. Working on getting stronger and
placing higher next year!
Michelle - 1.2x body weight back squat....look forward to getting body weight (or
more) on all of the movements.
Michael - clean & jerk
Michelle - Handstand push-ups (I really like practicing the snatch too)
One goal you are currently working on:
Michael - 300lb squat
Michelle - Increase overall strength
One thing people might not know about me:
Michael - I grew up playing the saxophone and guitar and was in a band with 8th
grade classmates but broke up shortly after due to creative differences.
Michelle - I've done 5 obstacle course/spartan races