OUR MEMBER OF THE MONTH IS...
Member of the month is an honor that is earned by members who have gone beyond "just working out" to contribute positively to our community as a whole. Each month, we select a member to recognize based on (but not limited too) their ability to exemplify the following:
- A commitment to greatness
- Emphasis on movement standards
- Supportive of classmates (we are a TEAM!)
- Introduces themselves to new faces
- A positive contribution to the classroom atmosphere- positive energy and enthusiasm
- Active participation and engagement throughout each aspect of class
- Dedicated to improvement and progress
- Shows pride for our community and shares it with others
- Wears and represents our box well
- Open to giving us feedback to improve overall experience
Time with us at Verge:
It will be 4 years March 2017.
Favorite thing about Verge:
They say you are the sum of the five people you surround yourself with the most, so it has to be the community and some of the greatest friends I have ever met that help me become a better person each day.
I have put an increased emphasis on using the gym as a "tool" to try and improve every aspect of my life outside of the gym so although it is impossible to define greatest in this regard, hiking to Everest Base Camp last year would be close to the top of the list. And obviously "winning" the first member of the month election!
Given you are probably not looking for taking long walks listening to Joe Rogan and Jocko Willink podcasts, push ups and front squats are a close second.
One goal you are currently working on:
Actually warming up and locking out my arms on my pull-ups. Haha, who am I kidding. Seriously, always trying to improve form on all of my lifts and uphold the movement standards the best I can in each workout.
One thing people might not know about me:
Given my love of burgers which I try to eat daily, I was actually a vegetarian for over a year and at one point didn't eat any read meat for 5 years. I'm making up for those "dark" years.