Colette's Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 6 oz. each ,skin on) (wild King or your favorite variety)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp course grain mustard (or Dijon)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towel. Arrange salmon on a foil (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and honey. Spoon mixture and spread evenly over top of each salmon fillet.
- Coarsely chop pistachios in a food processor (or coffee grinder) and combine with panko and canola oil. Spread pistachio mixture on top of salmon, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through to your liking and pistachios are golden, approx. 15-20 min. Let salmon rest 5 min.(outside of oven) before serving (Salmon will continue to cook during this time so keep this in mind when removing salmon from oven) .